This encompasses the majority of our work at Weddles, and we have been working in this field for 57 years. We have experience of a wide variety of projects, large and small scale, which range from early feasibility and master planning to detailed design and implementation on site.
From inception to detailed design stage, we have an extensive knowledge of landscape design and ensure the right solution is applied to every situation
As part of spatial design solutions, works have included: lighting, surfacing, urban planting, and water features. We also work with artists to achieve a further level of creative input within the design process. We believe that functionality and attention to high quality detail is especially important in delivering a successful product.
We currently have 6 chartered horticulturalists in the office, giving us a strong specialism in planting design that is often central to our proposals.
We have a further specialism in Interior Planting. This is a highly specialist area, and one of our greatest strengths. We have been appointed as Horticultural Consultant to many nationally significant public sector projects, working with our own interior planting specialist who is one of the most experienced interior horticulturalists in the UK.
The special requirements of interior planting requires early input into the specification for environmental controls. We have wide ranging experience of this, working with Design Teams on a number of projects, from heated public buildings to unheated interior spaces. We understand the economics and importance interior planting and can guide our clients to cost effective solutions.
Weddles have prepared several Landscape Management Plans for a variety of client requirements.
- Specialist Landscape Management Plans
- Long-term development of a local park
- Green Flag Award applications
- Complying with Planning Conditions or accompanying Planning Application
- Interior Horticulture – Sheffield Winter Gardens (City Centre temperate interior glasshouse (public park)).
Hands-on day to day and season to season instructions with full specification details on sourcing of replacement plants and materials.
- Weetwood Gardens, Sheffield
Specifcally aimed to strategically develop the park coherently towards a Victorian style over 25 years including taking account of an overmature cedar.
- Ensuring the short and long-term park management satisfies the Green Flag Award criteria, including desigin signage and making recommendations.
- Ensure ecological biodiversity and openess in Green Belt location was conserved and enhanced in association with new sports facility development.
Several associated with student residences in various locations